Does anyone know where the serial number is located on (97? model) D5M XL? Plate on right side by horn and plate on rear are damaged and missing. Machine was damaged at one time. Any other place where serial numbers are located would help, to order parts and such.
Should be , sitting in the seat , at your right to the back of the tractor. The # should also be stamped in the metal by the plate.
As above. Look in the area where the plate is missing from the rear of the chassis. The number should be stamped in the frame in about the same location. Failing that, find the engine serial number and PM it to me. I can find the original Serial Number of tractor in which that engine was installed. That will work so long as the tractor still has the original motor in it.
Thanks. When I get back to where the dozer is, around the first of March, I will see what I can find.