Cat D6M LGP serial number 2RN00495. My engine oil pressure warning light came on while running the dozer, and I would like to check the pressure with a mechanical gauge. Is there a plug that is accessible on the engine to screw in a gauge, also if anyone could tell me where the oil pressure sender is located then I can check there.
It's not a sender it's a simple on/off switch that closes when rising oil pressure exceeds about 15psi. Mounted on the LH side of the engine, circled below.
Thank you, would you happen to have a part number for the switch?
I would test it first. With the engine stopped you should have an open circuit between the two pins of the switch connector. Start the engine and almost immediately the switch contacts should close. Who knows, you could have a wiring problem.? Part Number is 3E-7690.