Hello. I recently purchased a d6m needing a new engine. Which I have since got engine running and is fine.... but besides this since machine was dead I purchased with the pinion shafts already remove. I am trying to install the pinion shaft back in. I can't get the passenger side in deep enough. From what I can tell it seems like the shaft in the tranmission has slid out about 2 inches to far. I am assuming it pulled out with the pinion shaft when they removed it. But I have not been able to get the shaft to spline in and go deeper into trans so the pinion shaft will insert. Is this as simple as needing the machine running to disengage brake so the shaft can respline into trans or am I missing something?
Is this the same 6JN machine you were asking for a Service Manual.? How about a full Serial Number. Are you talking about the axle shafts.? There are four of them in total. 2 inner, 2 outer. Did the shafts come loose with the machine or have you obtained them from somewhere else.? Two shafts or four.? You may need to use a special tool to move the inner shaft first in order to get it back in correctly to allow the outer shaft to go far enough into the final drive.
Yes same machine 4JN01276 I'm struggling with the inner shaft, i have a version of the tool made already. Can not get the inners to go back in place. Have only tried with machine off. Not sure if this matters. Left side is tight not moving in or out with tool and is to far towards transmission. Right side spins freely with tool but is about 2 inches to far out towards final
It might well make a difference. If you have a 2nd pair of hands to help so much the better. Start the machine and let it idle in neutral, then shut it doen. As the engine is coming to a stop try moving the LH inner shaft. See if it changes anything. If it doesn't, then pull the RH inner shaft completely out. That will give you room to work. Use a long bar or tube in from the RH side and beat the bejasus out of the LH shaft in an outward direction until it moves.