I am fixing to drop Bally pans on my d6n 2005 model . My question is does it have hinging belly pans? Thank you
That doesn't help much unfortunately. Do you have a Serial Number.?
Not exactly. They have loops that catch hooks on the front side. They really are a PITA to get up and off if they are really full of dirt/mud. The rear pan hinges in the front, right behind the hard bar. The front just lowers straight down.
I have never worked on a 2005 but older high track D5s and very large dozers. If you need it higher you can track it up on some timbers, or if it has blade and ripper jack up with them and put timbers under the tracks. The safe way maybe to use a chain and hoist or heavy strap and hoist, I've done them many different ways even with jacks but can be dangerous. Having logging sweeps to strap or chain to, helps for a manual hoist and the loops mentioned above helps too. For a hoist if no crane truck or excavator, fork lift etc. is available I have just used comealongs or chain hoist to raise and lower them.
Catood6nkalyo1988
It's ALY01988. It's only a few hundred newer than mine. Have you had the feckin hood latch fall open yet, and bend the hell out of the hood panel? If you don't keep the latches locked, better start.
Not yet I try to keep them latched and locked. I had a oring blow out and it was spraying fuel on the turbo! I just happened to get out to pee and smelled diesel fuel . Don’t know if having to pee was a curse or blessing! lol but now I have hydraulic leak it’s dripping out of the rear pan so I’m going to drop all and pressure wash everything!
Well, just be aware of this. If that machine hasn't been maintained by dropping those pans at least yearly, you may be in for a rude awakening. There is a more than good chance that it's full up with **** that it's almost hitting the driveshaft, and your lines and fittings are well on their way to being rotted out. Hopefully it's just a blade control line.
Here's the procedure from the service manual, but as @Shimmy1 mentioned, be prepared for all hell to break loose when you try to lower the pans if they have not been down in a while. BTW your machine has heavy-duty bottom guards installed which will make them even heavier than normal.
Life is good again! Lol got the pans down, actually only about an inch of crud in all pans . Found hydraulic leak,had hose made at Napa and got back on . Going to pressure wash in morning and start putting back together! Appreciate all the info!
Be careful with Pressure washer so you do not get any water in your electrical connections.
Can you say which hose was leaking? Do you know why? Rodents, corrosion, contact? I may have a similar issue.
You probably need to inspect your own machine to find what is leaking.
Mine was the suction hose had a pin hole
Ok we got the pilot valve rebuilt have ran the dozer 60 hrs no leaks or issues! And it cost us 420 dollars parts and labor! Lot better than caterpillars 2000 low end !
Great! I always consider a repair under $500 a win.
It was a transmission suction hose we also had a hydraulic hose leaking luckily it was an easy one to get to . We had it made at Napa . The transmission hose was bought from caterpillar. The pilot control valve as leaking and running in the floor board we have them all fixed now .