Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6n bma

powerjoke ยท 2013-11-04 01:33

I just bought a new to me d6n BMA machine but every time i try to search it in cat online parts it flops me over to an ALY or AKM, doesn't show a BMA ...... Why is that? Also what is the difference between them and why are the BMA machines rare ? It's an accugrade and systemone ad DS machine is that the reason for the BMA ? This one also has electric blade angle buttons and diff steer, the switches in the cab overhead for wipers and etc. are rocker switches instead of turn knobs also the throttle switch is in a different location than the other machines that I can find on MT....... Did I buy an oddball that's gonna be hard to find parts for or grey iron or what ? I personally like all the options it has over the other ones and would def pay extra for it that's for sure. Any thoughts ? Pj

Replies11
  1. #1Cmark2013-11-04 02:09

    BMA is the engine prefix. It's a 3126B. There's six different D6Ns use that engine.

  2. #2Nige2013-11-04 08:21

    Damn ....... beaten to it by an Aussie of all people ........ Check your Serial Number plate again and if you can't find anything give me your full engine Serial Number (BMAxxxxx). I ought to be able to tell you the machine Serial Number in which it was orignally installed.

  3. #3powerjoke2013-11-04 21:05

    Yep your right, it finally got in today and it's an AKM lol

  4. #4powerjoke2013-11-04 22:38

    Why do I keep falling for this **** time and time again? Thought the dealer was shooting me straight when he represented it as 70% ...... I guess we'll see if he decides to do the right thing or not. Kinda funny that the pics he sent me was of one set of rails which have obviously been replaced. My question is, My rails are 4.5" tall what percent are they worn ? Also what are the roller measurements at what % ? I'm not sure what mine measure but will find measure them tomorrow. Although it doesn't really matter as most all are leaking oil lol. Also my grousers are only 1 7/8" how worn are they ? If you look closely in the pic of the bushing you can see that it is dry and worn past useable limits and is starting to get into the rail (systemone) there are about 4per side like this. Pj

  5. #5Cmark2013-11-04 23:06

    A quick and dirty check of SIS tells me; Rollers; New 7.76" 100% worn 6.56" Rails; New 4.68" 100% worn 4.26" Grousers; New 2.6" 100% worn 0.85" Although this is for standard U/C, not SystemOne so I stand to be corrected on these if anyone has an up to date UCPSK.

  6. #6Nige2013-11-05 07:04

    According to me there are 2 different Part Numbers of links for SystemOne track. Can you see a number cast into one of your links anywhere..? 243-0501 Link. New 4.78", 100% worn 4.36". 4.50" would equate to 70% worn. 106-1625/106-1626 link. New 4.68", 100% worn 4.26". 4.50" would equate to 45% worn. Grousers. 2.60"/0.85" as posted by CMark. 1.875" grouser height corresponds to about 43.5% worn.

  7. #7powerjoke2013-11-05 10:18

    Thanks guys but it looks like I'm on my own, I got a reply back that said to return it to spearfish SD at my expense ($2k each way) , and they would return my money. All I am asking is that they repair the bad links in the tracks and re seal the rollers or produce new ones. I will live with the u/c being a little on the thin side but with dry links and dry rollers it won't last long on a job. Am I asking too much? All I want was what was promised. They seemed like good guys when I called to start with but I'm quickly getting nervous, my hopes ar that they read this and decide to fix the problem before too many more threads get started lol Pj

  8. #8Nige2013-11-05 11:57

    The words rock & hard place spring to mind. Would the seller repair/replace the rollers/bushings at their expense if you simply shipped the tracks and rollers back..? Maybe you might have to get a CTS report + photos from your local dealer (it's free, especially if they think they're going to sell you the parts) as evidence that what you're shipping back to the seller actually belongs to the tractor you bought from them.

  9. #9d9gdon2013-11-05 13:44

    $4000 return freight might be a cheap lesson...if they fudged on the UC they may have misspoke about other things like the so called leader here claims he did when he made a promise on a certain mandate, 24 times .

  10. #10Scrub Puller2013-11-05 14:07

    Yair . . . Probably showing my old age and ignorance but I can't help but make a comment at the way attitudes have changed. Some time back I suggested to a bloke that if he could get some grease into a couple of rollers leaking like in powerjoke's number five post he might get a few hundred hours out of them and at least finish the job. I had checked, one roller felt perfect the other had a bit of slack . . . on the way out for sure but just the seals were leaking. Any way I was told in no uncertain terms that it was B/S, he'd never heard of greasing rollers, they were lubed for life and he'd run them to destruction and fit some new ones. Oh well. Cheers.

  11. #11D6 Merv2013-11-05 15:01

    Your the one whos right scrub It works alright, have got one like that myself at present; a few pumps of grease ever 2-3 days, gone ok now for 2 months, hope to get another 2 by xmas then replace the lot, they are all worn out, but are still going round !! Rollers have been trimmed But have done almost 11000 hrs They are a full one inch smaller in diameter than new !!