Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d6n dozer idle control

KWhauling ยท 2024-11-26 15:45

I have a d6n cck00666 dozer the machine goes to idle when operating If you push the idle up switch it runs fine for anywhere from a minute to several and idles down again push it again and full idle is fine then after a bit does it again ?? any idea where i should start to look Thanks Kevin

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-11-26 16:18

    Do you have any Active Diagnostic Codes, or even Logged ones for that matter.?

  2. #2Shimmy12024-11-27 07:55

    Mine was doing that, ALYxxxxx machine, but I was getting an intermittent throttle position sensor code. Replaced that, and now the only issue I have is I need to replace the high/low idle rocker switch. The TPS is not hard, it's attached behind the decelerator pedal.

  3. #3Nige2024-11-27 08:17

    By my question above I was betting that there would be a Code for the decel position sensor and/or the high/low switch, maybe both.

  4. #4KWhauling2024-12-01 09:46

    no codes machine runs fine just goes to idle It hasn't done it last time i ran machine thinking maybe loose wire on switch or bad switch??? is it possible it loses contact it resets to idle ???

  5. #5Nige2024-12-01 10:18

    Very possible. Do you have the electrical schematic.? Because you are probably going to need it.