Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6N how to read fault codes

KWhauling ยท 2021-11-21 11:13

I have a D6N cck00666 I just repair wire harness which I had an other thread after machine runs for about 15 -20 minutes it will just stop moving put it in neutral moves about 10 feet does it again its been doing it for a couple years but would only do it once or twice in a week or even month but now it's all the time I had caterpillar come to check it out and they said the end of the harness was bad so I got a new end and repaired it it's definitely as good as new but it's still doing the same thing . When I push the check button I'm getting 3f263 3r116 136f7358 r6256 113 067101 113 067302 113 069106 113 069306 113 069406 any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2021-11-21 11:25

    These 5 are Diagnostic Codes. Question. When you turn on the key and all the warning lights, gauges, etc, do their self-test does the SERV CODE icon remain lit in the Monitor System panel at the end of the test or does it go out.?

  2. #2KWhauling2021-11-21 11:29

    No dash is clear till I push check button

  3. #3KWhauling2021-11-21 11:33

    I just went and double checked it's out machine still locks up in a couple feet

  4. #4KWhauling2021-11-21 11:36

    I repaired the harness all lights went out I ran it for about 15 or 20 minutes it ran fine then it locks up every 5-10 feet I limped it back to shop keep going from forward to neutral every couple seconds and it made it back as soon as I leave it in either forward or reverse it looks up

  5. #5KWhauling2021-11-21 11:37

    It seems as soon as it gets warmed up could it be a blocked filter or fluid level?

  6. #6Nige2021-11-21 11:59

    Provided the SERV CODE icon lights up during the test and goes off at the end of it there are no Active Diagnostic Codes. The ones you see are Logged (old in other words), maybe they were created by the wiring harness issue that you repaired. For reference the Codes you see are: - 113 067102 - Transmission speed sensor #1. Data intermittent, erratic, or incorrect. 113 067302 - Transmission speed sensor #2. Data intermittent, erratic, or incorrect 113 069106 - Reverse clutch solenoid valve. Current above normal or grounded circuit. 113 069306 - #3 Speed clutch solenoid valve. Current above normal or grounded circuit. 113 069406 - #2 speed clutch solenoid valve. Current above normal or grounded circuit.

  7. #7Nige2021-11-21 12:00

    Have you checked fluid level.? If you have then the next step would be to pull the filter and cut it open to check for particles.? Out of interest when was the tranmission oil & filter last changed.?

  8. #8KWhauling2021-11-21 12:06

    I did a complete service on all fluids only a couple hundred hour ago fluid look like new I just checked it I bought 2 55 gallon drums I guess I can try checking filter I'm goin to try it again when it cools down it seems to work fine cold thanks again I really appreciate it

  9. #9KWhauling2021-11-21 12:23

    Good news I just went out and checked machine it only does it in first gear second machine is fine does that help ?

  10. #10Nige2021-11-22 03:14

    Try 3rd speed as well. See if that works and report back. Is 1st speed missing both in forward and reverse.?

  11. #11KWhauling2021-11-22 05:50

    Both foward and reverse locks up every 5-10 feet if you put in neutral goes another 5-10 feet does it again I'll try 3rd gear this morning thanks

  12. #12Nige2021-11-22 07:54

    See if 3rd speed also works and report back. It might pay you to lift the floor plate inside the cab so that you can see the driveshaft between the torque converter and the transmission. With the engine idling and trans in neutral that shaft should be rotating. Engage any gear with your foot on the brake pedal and it should stop DEAD. Let us know what it's doing when 1st speed is selected in both forward and reverse directions with the brakes applied. Then maybe also see what it does when you try to drive the machine the 5-10ft distance you mentioned above.

  13. #13KWhauling2021-11-22 08:26

    Ok just drove machine it works fine about 10-15 minutes in all gears then after that 1 gear forward and reverse lock up second and third are fine I drove it around about 25 minutes put it back in first when I got it back up to the shop same thing locks right up so it's only in first gear forward and reverse after it warms up thanks

  14. #14KWhauling2021-11-22 08:28

    I didn't pull the floor plate I can check that later thanks