This came into the shop today. Has anyone ran into this issue? If so, what was the fix? Thanks, QuickTrax
Yup... ran into it before.... pull the roller frame off,, clean it up and weld it all back together,,, then cut a ring out of at least 1/2 inch thick material slide it from the inside over the broken area and weld in place. Its held for 4 years for me on a D4H.
I appreciate the advice grampa. The problem we have is it cracked through the press fit of the inner bearing. we are thinking of cutting the pivot shaft housing off of the rollerframe and machining a new one and welding it back on.
Dang I wonder if I know who owns that dozer.Tell Tommy that must be one of my ex employees machines.That's how good his top hands are at maintaining the equipment.
Yes , I see, I caught mine well before that degree of failure.
Quicktrax, PM with with an e-mail address please. I think I have a repair procedure that might help you. It may need modified a bit but it looks as though it will have the basic things you need in it.
Hi Every one i am new to this forum been reading here for awhile lots of great people for some im not trying to hijack your post but for some reason it wont let me post a new one???? I have a question about our 93 D6H that we just bought it has the Diff steering and im finding the twist grip from fwd. to rev. is very tough to turn is there any fix for this ???? thanks in advance
Probably either a linkage adjustment or maybe even a lubrication issue. What is the Serial # prefix of the machine ..? You can't start a new thread until you have (I think) 5 posts.
Thanks for the quick reply i guess i havent made 5 posts yet sorry its a 3ZF prefix
Info on it's way to you. One thing I forgot to mention is maybe all it might need is to disassemble and throughly clean the linkage, both at the transmission end and the cab end. You might well find it's just full of crap that prevents the cable moving freely.
I'd like to see some pictures when she's all put back together.
Wow! That is, no doubt, the right way to do it if you have the bucks but I think Grandpa's version of the fix mixed with a re-weld and boring of the press bearing mount would be a lot less expensive. You would probably need that part shipped in from Indonesia or other location (rare that a dealer has that on hand) and if that happened because of a an over zealous operator or just negligence, you going to have a few more bills down the road with other parts. BUT, your fix IS the right way to do it. (I'm just cheap)
Can I ask how many hours your meter is showing (if it works)?