Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6N wiring harness schematic.

3rdgendslmech ยท 2012-12-09 12:16

Would anyone have access to or could print me pages for a D6N wiring schematic. SN#AGG01900

Replies18
  1. #1theironoracle2012-12-09 20:47

    need serial number! and for what i would think there are many, maybe pm leeonline or nige they seem to have the best knowledge and access on this stuff...............theironoracle

  2. #2Lee-online2012-12-09 20:56

    AGG01900 is a D5N. Is this the one you want? What problem are you trying fix?

  3. #33rdgendslmech2012-12-09 21:13

    Sorry about that guys, my typo:beatsme. Yeah it is a D5N. The schematic in our manual doesn't cover this S/N machine, it stops at like AGG01335 or something like that. Anyhow I think what the guy wanted to know is: 1. Does the start circuit (From the keyswitch) tie into the ECMs or Powertrain ECM? I over heard him and my boss saying something an orange wire #307 that goes into the left side armrest that just stops.

  4. #4Lee-online2012-12-09 22:08

    307 goes from the key switch to the engine ECM. What problem do you have? With an email i can send you the correct schematic in a PDF file.

  5. #53rdgendslmech2012-12-09 22:14

    Okay hang on a sec Lee I'll PM you my email. Its a 5N that the blade has been reconfigured to pull material ( from the holes of ships (( Salt mainly, metal ores, magnesite)). From what I was told today that when the other mechanic got there it had a horrible smell that the batteries had boiled over from overcharging like. They pulled it out of the ship and it would not turn over. He got to pulling everything apart and found a wire #307 he said that looks like it doesnt go to anything. Somewhere he read that if there's been a theft tracking box then there might be some kind of jumper wire :beatsme. Sorry I'm lackin on the great details I'm not working on this machine.

  6. #63rdgendslmech2012-12-09 22:17

    Okay hang on a sec Lee I'll PM you my email. Its a 5N that the blade has been reconfigured to pull material ( from the holes of ships (( Salt mainly, metal ores, magnesite)). From what I was told today that when the other mechanic got there it had a horrible smell that the batteries had boiled over from overcharging like. They pulled it out of the ship and it would not turn over. He got to pulling everything apart and found a wire #307 he said that looks like it doesnt go to anything. Somewhere he read that if there's been a theft tracking box then there might be some kind of jumper wire :beatsme. Sorry I'm lackin on the great details I'm not working on this machine. I tried to send you a PM but it says your inbox is too full???

  7. #7Lee-online2012-12-09 22:18

    just cleared some out. try again

  8. #83rdgendslmech2012-12-09 22:21

    ok...it should go to your email

  9. #9Lee-online2012-12-09 22:25

    The machine could have the security system, it will need the yellow key to start it with ant there will be a red light next to the key switch. 307 doesn't tie into that part of the system though. We had some machines come off a ship that were dead and were jump started at the dock with a welder. It was done wrong and fried the engine ecm.

  10. #10Lee-online2012-12-09 22:30

    Email sent.

  11. #113rdgendslmech2012-12-09 22:33

    No, its been running fine. We use the machine to help drag material from the corners of the holes so the crane can unload it. The only thing I can think of is that something got cooked then the ALT started overcharging. The mechanic on duty that night said it stunk bad. Where do they usually mount the security system? He's got the seat pan, floor pan, trans ECM and the whole left side opened up and didnt find anything.

  12. #12Lee-online2012-12-09 22:52

    I looked up the serial number and your machine didnt have it installed at the factory. If it had it it would have a ring around the key switch stating it had a MSS. If its not cranking, check the basic start system.

  13. #133rdgendslmech2012-12-12 19:53

    Update: So the other mechanic I work with traced wires for a few hours and came to the conclusion that something in the engine ECM was shorting the ECM fuse. The next day we made arrangements to have a Cat Tech and a new ECM come out and get us running. Well he pretty much did the same thing our mechanic did to verify that the ECM was actually the problem. Well not only was the ECM toast, the TCM was toast, the EMS panel was toast, left steer finger control sensor toast, F N R switch was toast, brake pedal switch was also toast. The culprit??: Over charging alternator/operator failure to give a damn to a lil red light.

  14. #14Lee-online2012-12-12 20:00

    Glad you got it running. We had a 627 that was hit by lightning and it did the same, fried ECM's, sensors and caused all kinds of issues.

  15. #153rdgendslmech2012-12-12 20:10

    Yup, seen a 725 that had lightning possibly hit around it, got lucky and only got the engine ECM. I'm just curious as to what kind of voltage the alternator was putting out to do that kind of damage.

  16. #163rdgendslmech2012-12-12 20:17

    Yeah, I'm just kinda curious as to how much voltage the alternator was actually putting out to do all that! I kinda had to laugh at the tech that was there because he gave us some props. He said " I'd only heard horror stories about the equipment that runs around this place, now that I see it, I gotta give you guys a lot more credit for keeping it running as well as you do"

  17. #17Lee-online2012-12-12 20:23

    If i remember correctly ECM's have a threshold voltage of 10-36 vdc

  18. #183rdgendslmech2012-12-12 20:30

    I'll let you know tomorrow. We're gonna bench it before it back for warranty.