I know there are documents on what to shim and what to cut, but, my dealer, and I, cannot find them. Is it M0096633? Dozer is DJA00999. My foreman looked and said it built non System One. Dealer looked and said it was System One since new. I'd like to do this job only once. Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Looking at what's here, it has full rail guards, and, the new track pins look to be too wide, vs the System One, to reuse the guards.
I would say either the dealer is right or Cat put wrong info in the system when they built it. Same information shows up for me. Special instruction M0096633 only appears to cover DJA-prefix tractors from 1085-Up and your tractor is below that. It does not, however, give any reason why lower S/N machines do not qualify for this procedure and I can't find any explanation elsewhere. With early D6K tractors the problem was the design and thickness of materials used in the original 7-roller track frames, the implication being they didn't have enough meat in them. Only when the frames were re-designed and the track rollers increased from 7 to 8 could the upgrade to HD undercarriage be made.
A bit more info. Tractors S/N DJA1-1084 the track frame Part Numbers are 248-3905 (services to 351-5118) RH & 248-3904 (351-5117) LH, the cannon is 248-3899 (discontinued, no replacement) on both sides. No service documentation regarding the changes or discontinuation anywhere. S/N DJA1085-Up the respective track frames are 271-6148 & 271-6149, with the cannon being 271-6153. I can't see any crossover or relation anywhere between the Part Numbers used for machines up to DJA1084 and those used from DJA1085-Up. The strange thing is that the SystemOne Undercarriage Arrgt is the same 261-7131 for all DJA-prefix tractors, only the consist of the group changes.
@heymccall Do you have any photos showing the existing track guarding system.? Also confirmed that the M0096633 procedure only applies to machines DJA1085-Up..
I'll have to grab shots on Monday. My biggest concern right now is how thick of shims at the idlers, or is it no shims? Everything seems to bolt up.
Apparently there are three possible options. Does it have full-length roller guards, small ones at track rollers #2 & #5, or none at all.? The type of track roller guards determines what roller Part Numbers it requires and the relative SF/DF positions.
It has full length roller guards, over all 7 bottom rollers.
I sent you something. Full length guards are classed as “Type 3” but depending on what type of work the tractor is doing you might consider going to a lower level of guarding.
I actually had a 6M with a miss-printed, or miss stamped serial number in the cab. Im in NC and it showed the tractor was being serviced in Oklahoma. It was weird, took a while to figure what was going on.
I'd be interested to know how you made out with this conversion.
I've been vacationing in Hawaii this week, but, I'd still surmise that it isn't done. They trimmed the inboard of the full length guards to clear the link pins, but, I think the clearance is still too tight. The idlers fit without frame modifications, but the bolt on idler guards had to be trimmed.
I take it they didn't fit the tall track rollers.?
System One rail width around 7inch. GP rail width around 9.5inch. Both measured at pin.