Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

’88 D3B – Name that part

NMBlackBetty · 2024-08-01 13:33

Have an 88 D3B, was out working, went to back up and saw the part in these photos laying on the ground right behind me. Figured I better track it up to the shop and figure out where it came from, but after about 400 foot forward, the dozer quit moving, in all gears forward or reverse. Assuming this part has something to do with it. It has pins from a roller bearing inside it. Can anyone identify this part?

Replies6
  1. #1Junkyard2024-08-01 13:40

    Cap for a u-joint. Pop the floor out of it and you’ll see the short little driveshaft from engine to trans.

  2. #2Nige2024-08-01 14:12

    It came from one end or the other of this shaft .........

  3. #3NMBlackBetty2024-08-01 15:58

    Thank both of you guys so much! I looked in the parts book to try and find part numbers but can't seem to find it. Would either of you happen to know the part numbers to replace that whole assembly?

  4. #4MarcusZ19672024-08-01 16:04

    Best lookup with a serial number.

  5. #5Nige2024-08-01 16:17

    You need to physically get into the machine and find what’s broken first. When you do then post photos. Also to start looking up part numbers it needs a machine Serial Number.

  6. #6NMBlackBetty2024-08-01 16:34

    Serial tag attached. Will get it opened up and photos tomorrow, but no matter what, as that U joint went I want to replace both sides and the shaft. I'm sure with my luck, more will be broken.