Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6N XL Rippers

Aussie Leroy ยท 2011-04-16 19:25

Does anyone have pictures of different makes of Rippers to suit D6N XL something with a longer tyne, Cheers Leroy

Replies7
  1. #1rare ss2011-04-16 23:22

    www.emeco.com.au i sourced some D11R single shank rippers from them, they make their own (or sell some other brand) we fitted them into a D475A-3 multi shank ripper box so we cut 2 down short and left one at the standard (long as f#&k) length, cheaper than genuine CAT and half the price of a komatsu one they might be able to supply something off the shelf to suit, i forgot his name but if you track down the parts manager from their Perth office he's pretty good, know his stuff either that or a good fab shop will make a ripper to suit but if you buy somthing off the shelf it'll be cheaper

  2. #2joe03dodge2011-04-17 19:22

    check with vail rippers they have a longer ripper

  3. #3SE-Ia Cowman2011-04-17 20:16

    I pulled this off machinery trader is this what you had in mind? are they long enugh?

  4. #4wild11r2011-04-17 23:33

    I have operated a D6N with Lewis rippers they seem to have quite long shanks also with the quad ram you can tuck them up for good clearance I did find them a bit to heavy for those dozers even with a straight blade which looks a lot heavier than the PAPT blade I have also operated a D6R with similar rippers and found them very well suited for the dozer

  5. #5Aussie Leroy2011-04-27 08:04

    Thanks Guys for your help in finding the rippers, cheers Leroy :drinkup

  6. #6CM19952011-04-27 10:27

    I don't know what you will be using the rippers for but I have a few hours on a 6N set up with the Cat rippers like the one pictured above. For general dozing and ripping in soft shale to compacted soils, those rippers are about all a 6N wants to handle. Now if the tractor was heavier that would help. What do you plan to rip with the larger tynes?

  7. #7Aussie Leroy2011-04-28 07:23

    CM1995 ; I do genral contracting just ripping clay and shale maybe around the odd tree, just like the way some tuck up tight, in the fire season it's handy not to hook up on things. Leroy