While dozing one day the dozer shut off. I lost power to everything, I replaced the battery disconnect, and gained power to the instrument cluster. I pulled codes using cat et (attached) I seen parking brake switch, I’m wondering if that has something to do with it.? All fuses are good. If anyone one has any ideas or could point me in the right direction I appreciate it.
But the Codes on the image you pulled are all Logged, directly below on the screen is the "No Active Codes" message. So on the face of it nothing on that ET screen is the cause of the No Crank issue. Silly question, but is the parking brake switch ON or OFF.? Also can you check on the ET screen that the PB switch status correctly changes from ON to OFF and back again as the switch in the cab is operated. Last question. Do you have an electrical schematic.?
Something in that statement smacks of ground connection issues to me.
So what I seen while hooked up was the parking brake solenoid was not switching states but the secondary brake solenoid was. And I would get the intermittent parking brake code when switching the brake on and off. Also the pb light goes off and on upon turning the pb off and on. I’m with you, I did not see anything stored that would throw a flag other than the intermittent pb.
Also I do not have a wiring schematic for this machine
Were you pushing the brake pedal while that was happening.? The secondary brake switch is mounted behind it. You have to push the brake pedal almost to the floor to change state on the secondary brake switch. In actual fact what the SBS does in realt terms is apply the parking brake when you have the service brake pedal almost to the floor. You do now. Check your message inbox.
I was not pressing foot brake, only setting pb and releasing pb
Thank you for the schematics I will print them out tomorrow at work
Can you test what happens to the Sceondary Brake Switch status when you press and release the brake pedal please. Nothing should happen until the pedal is almost at the flow when it should change from Open to Closed (or Off to On). It would be a good idea at this point to download a Product Status Report in the optional Adobe pdf format, then erase all the Logged Codes. Then power up the machine again and see what, if anything, comes back. If you have never done a PSR before here is a LINK to a short training video explaining how to do itr. You'll need a plotter for pages 8 & 9. The original size of those pages is something like 36" x 24" IIRC.
Here is the psr on that machine
I would have to agree totally with your statement Nige about a possible ground problem. Fact that a new disconnect switch fixed some problems, makes it worthy of a few simple tests. Cheaper than the parts cannon. Simon C
Here is the psr on that machine. Catariel2010 did you ever get that machine going. Seen some items on the PSR that made me wonder. Probably need to do some testing to find what is okay and what isn't . Simon C
I have not yet, waiting on a day I can get out there to test more wires
Would not mind to look at the schematic for this D6NXL to see how that secondary brake switch is tied into the schematic. Always new things to check out. Simon C
I did try a new pb switch that did not change anything. I’ve visually checked all the grounds that I can obviously see without taking all the panels off the machine.
The parking brake switch has no ground connections.
Nige is correct, I followed the wire back and came to a spice which one direction came back to the Drive Train Control Computer Pin #7 titled Solenoid return. What does the letters DS at the end of the description " Control Drive Train " mean. Nige do you know what that signifies.? Thanks for that schematic as it proved interesting. Simon C
I think you may have the wrong wire. The 3 wires of interest on the PB switch when it comes to signalling the switch status to the ECM are: - G939-PK from Pin 11 on PB switch to Pin 16 on ECM connector J1 marked Switch/Sensor Return. 419-YL from Pin 3 on PB switch to Pin 19 on ECM connector J1 marked PB Switch N.O. F780-PK from Pin 4 on PB switch to Pin 13 on ECM connector J1 marked PB Switch N.C.
Update: No continuity on wire 419-YL between the PB switch and J1 Pin 19.
Sorry, it was the Switch Service Brake Pedal that I followed to the computer Pin#7 . I just rechecked and yes it was different wire to follow.. Tells computer that you have pushed brake pedal to the bottom and to apply the brake I guess. Simon C