Iam thinking about buying a second 6R with a 6 way blade. I heard that the older ones had trouble with ripping the blades off when stumping or in the frost. But in the ser.2 models they up graded the mounts. What year did they do this?my buyer giude doesn't say. Also what is the differance between the XR, XW, and the XL series The XR is 6" longer, probly the track frame. But I can't see any thing between the XW and XL never mind the XW is a wide pad I all ready own a 6R lgp and love it. It has 6100hrs and is a 02 just did the hard bar in it. It will need a complete under carrige in 1000-1500 more hrs. Big deal that means it is making me money Thanks
Be careful with the 6 way on a D6. We broke one off a D6T this spring, they are not that strong. Another problem with the 6 way on a D6 is on the LGP is the pads are 4" smaller, so they will not go where a straight blade will go. The dozer guys where I work all like the straight blades over the 6 ways.
If you spend much time stumping, or in frost or rock, stick to the straight blade. The 6 way is good if you are finishing, but leave it home when the heavy work starts, or it will make you pay.
thanks for your input. I never heard of a T series ripping its blade off EGS, i thought they beefed the center pin up alot. was it a bad operater or did it just happen?
Got my eye on a 6R also if work ever picks up, I have seen some late low hour machines go cheap, now is a good time to buy if you have the work. The 6 way is really handy but you can tell by looking at it there is no support on the corners. I would opt for the semi U for my use, all depends on your work, maybe one of each would be good for you, I assume your current 6 has a semi U
ITs got a C-frame dozer with with manul angle (can't remember what it's called) I have a 5H with a 6 way of caurse but it won't keep up to my 621Bs on a short haul
Help me out here. On a regular blade (semi u) can you angle the blade up and down? I know you can't angle it forwards and backwards like a 6 way. How about an A-blade what movement do you get on that? Thanks.
D6r: Blades That would probably be called a straight blade, with a manual angle, Tim. Or, sometimes, referred to as an angle blade. That's more commonly called tilting the blade, kmfcap. And, yes you can, with a tilt cylinder... or crank on a big turnbuckle. You can also tilt an angle blade... the same way. Here's a few pictures of a manual angle blade, with hydraulic tilt. OCR...
I've heard an aweful lot of good about the 6 ways on the 850J's but the only problem for most guys in Alberta is its not CAT.
D6r: Blades I wouldn't have anything but,... a 6 way, on our 750c... :cool2 OCR
No not a bad operator, we were pushing 631's over a wet top soil pile.
I don"t I would won't to use a 6 way as a push cat. Especially on a 631 there would be alot of weight there i would think.
YOU are right, Abscraperguy, I am brain washed cat also. I don't know why, mostly resale value, and the facted that most consultants only want high drives, around here anyway. But i do love my deere hoes, even though the resale isnt there brandnt can not do enough for me.
Not really using it as a "push cat" just helping them over the top soil pile. We only have single barrels, so they need a little help sometimes. We push 631's over top soil piles all the time with D6's with straight blades. The 6-ways are OK, but I would rather have straight blade. We have two 6-ways and I do not think we are getting any more.
Great machine for finishing. but i seen one pretty much explode on a winter road he was in second gear tapped out tight blading the road and hit a rock. it was cold but i was surprised at the damage. and there still a nose heavy R not good for skeg work
Thanks for your in put everyone i talk to says the same.