Looking at These two dozers for a number of different jobs. I am considering starting a construction and was leaning more toward a d5 just wondering if anyone could he me wuth their opinions. Thanks
DBF, I think it just depends on what your jobs are. If you have alot of material to move go with the 6R if your doing pads and alot of finish work go with the 5G. Plus you need to consider hauling you can axle out the 5G where you probably cant the 6R. There is a big difference in the size of these machines. You might consider the 6M or the 6N. They are also pretty versatile. I own a 6R and love it. My dad has a 5h and I will out push him 2 to 1. Just my .02 cents
Thanks i been in both i love thr d6r pushing power but like you said d5g could be moved on a tag just looking for some opinions. Thanks
I just bought a 05 d5g. though it is smaller it can still push some dirt., etc. NOT TO MENTION it is really good on fuel.
i think ill take the d5g any body got one or similar size. How do they do
Ive operated a number of dozers basically just about every model of D5 and D6 that they have made. User d6peg has given you just about the best advice anyone can give you. If you want a great all around dozer that can cut a pad grade to within 1 tenth and will still push a mountain then I would defenitely recomend the D6n or D6m which is basically the same dozer just different year models.