Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6r cat datalink issue

Nick 15 ยท 2022-08-06 01:00

Long time follower first time poster here. Looking for some help with a 030 0248.02 on a d6r with a c9. from my ace detective work that means it's a dead short in the wiring between control modules or a break in the wiring? Now to foreshadow this a bit in my dumb kid ways the other day it needed a jump so I pulled the track-hoe around and proceeded to hook the dozer up backwards ever since I'm throwing the 0248 active code everything seems fine, except it will not fire cranks perfect and gauge sweeps as normal just no fuel. So looking at advice on how to find said control modules to unpin them and run some diagnostics on what's going on. I've already hit the circuit breakers and tested voltage across all fuses. I'm assuming at this point I've wiped the ecu but would appreciate any knowledge or thoughts!

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2022-08-06 04:44

    Here's the troubleshooting procedure, but in order to carry it out you're going to need the full electrical schematic for the machine. That will need a Serial Number to identify which one out of 10 or so schematics is the correct one.

  2. #2Nick 152022-08-06 09:37

    Looks like it's AEP00563 is the sequence and 4ZF17051 is the actual serial

  3. #3CM19952022-08-06 09:45

    Welcome to the Forums N15! Glad to have you. You have the right person on the case.

  4. #4Nige2022-08-06 09:58

    You have a D6R Series II tractor. AEP00563 is the machine Serial Number. 4ZF17051 is the engine Serial Number. Keep an eye on your messages. I'll send you the electrical schematic.