Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R engine oil in fuel

BonneBay ยท 2024-10-04 12:32

Hello everyone Hope you're enjoying Friday, I have a D6R serial number AAX00503 putting engine oil in the fuel. I replaced the injectors 1 year ago and since then it has been using oil and the fuel is getting black. so im thinking that i have a bad injector or are there any other ideas? I have seen blown injector orings but generally it causes a hard start and/or codes due to the HEUI system not able to reach desired pressure. Anyone seen a HEUI pump seal leak oil into the lift pump? I can hardly see this being possible but i don't know. Looking for ideas on how to isolate it, I think I'll end up pulling the injectors. It used around 8 liters of oil in 8 hours! Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632024-10-04 13:55

    You kind of answered your own question here. I suspect you cut an Oring on installation.

  2. #2Welder Dave2024-10-04 17:03

    8 litres in 8 hours, wow. Was the engine running rough or had low power? Must have had a lot of smoke?