my 6r is getting a 36.274.03 code which is the atmospheric pressure sensor short or open to ground. I have replaced the sensor and still get the code so it must be in the wiring somewhere. could someone send me the cat et trouble shooting procedure they use to find this problem. thanks in advance. serial number is ade01145
try this Mark
Thankyou mark. That's what I was looking for, maybe I can get it traced out now if it will stay active long enough. It comes and goes.
Diagnostic Codes that come & go are not easy to troubleshoot, because Step 1 of the procedure usually says "ensure the code is active before proceeding further." Attached is the Electrical Schematic for the tractor. If you have already replaced the sensor and not fixed the problem my suggestion would be to use the schematic and follow the wiring from the sensor to find every major harness connector between it and the ECM. Open each one in turn, give it a good cleaning with electrical contact cleaner, and see how you go from there. If you are unlucky enough to have a damaged wire somewhere then maybe pulling and pushing the harnesses will turn the fault from an intermittent one to a permanent one which would at least be easier to troubleshoot. Best of luck.
thanks nige you helped me solve a transmission problem last year I appreciate it. everybody that responds is greatly appreciated!