Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

d6n xl blade drift

earthscratcher · 2018-09-25 00:05

serial DJA01031 i noticed with the blade lifted up it falls down, slow enough that you have to be watching for it. but it does drop. what is normal for blade drop ?? where do i look for the problem???

Replies9
  1. #1nowing752018-10-16 20:54

    Looks like an older post but I had a 6n that a cylinder got bent and put metal in the system and would hold the spool off it’s seat and drift.

  2. #2truecountry2018-10-19 22:26

    You have a percentage of drift but its not a lot like o.03 to 0.05 would take a while to drift down I would have to get the percentage Monday moring when I get to shop to be exact.......I would leave machine blade up during lunch and mark space on cutting edge measure ground to bottom of cutting edge both sides see how much it drops … I would also get a laser temp gun to measure heat in cylinders after you have ran it 5 or 6 hours .. Hydraulic bypassing packing creates heat and one cylinder would be hotter then the other …. I would leave machine blade up during lunch and mark space on cutting edge measure ground to bottom of cutting edge both sides see how much it drops .. both cylinders are working together so one might drop a lil more then other and that would be cylinder I would tear down and if I saw damage to seals or packing. I would repack both sides

  3. #3earthscratcher2018-10-20 08:47

    the drift is bad enough that if you raise the blade all the way up it will be on the ground in a couple hours. so repacking both lift cylinders would be a good starting point??

  4. #4truecountry2018-10-20 21:05

    Yes sir if youre going to pack one do both ...get part number if you can and go to https://www.offroadeq.com/ and make a log in pw and see if they have a kit for both ..sometimes they have cat parts not aftermarket

  5. #5truecountry2018-10-20 21:05

    if you cant get part number I will look it up Monday for u

  6. #6truecountry2018-10-20 21:06

    How many hours on machine ?

  7. #7Nige2018-10-21 16:57

    Going by the machine Serial Number the blade lift cylinder is 110-3269 (4" bore x 19.3" stroke). The seal kit listed for it is a 241-7584 (there is an older number of 158-9523 for the kit). The contents of the kit are listed below

  8. #8earthscratcher2018-10-22 06:58

    the machine has 7130 hrs thanks for all your help

  9. #9truecountry2018-10-22 21:20

    I would look at cylinder seals good if you see any cracks missing pieces or metal...show us what you see when you open the cylinders up pics say a lot