Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R glass replacement

KS8780 ยท 2026-03-18 17:46

Any tips and tricks to get it back in the hole. Tall skinny rear side window. Got a little to close to a tree. Picked up a new one from Cat just need to put it in. I am planning on lots of lube and may try the rope trick to get the rubber popped in. I have had varied success in the past with that. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Welder Dave2026-03-19 02:48

    Might be worth getting an experienced glass installer to put it in. They make it look easy.

  2. #2KS87802026-03-19 20:19

    Well that's no fun

  3. #3Nige2026-03-19 21:22

    It might not be, but if you break that expensive piece of Cat glass then the idea of using someone who does it all day every day will look awful cheap.

  4. #4Tinkerer2026-03-20 09:45

    I had a professional install all of glass in the cab of my T/L/B after I painted it. He drove 30 minutes each way from his shop to the tractor location. I thought the $100 fee was a bargain. I bought the glass on the internet. It was pre-cut to fit the windows. The installer didn't care, although he sells glass for a living.

  5. #5KS87802026-03-20 23:23

    Window went in fairly easy today. I discovered that the weatherstripping/seal had a strip to unhinge and then we could work the glass in from the outside with alot of soapy water and then put the strip back in place. The worst part was working around and behind the rops post. Glass was $110 thru Cat which I thought was fair. Thanks