Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R hydraulic oil overheating

Tyrone Mason · 2022-12-18 07:34

Hi have a D6R 2012 MODEL Had it for 4 years now only last week hydraulic oil overheating only when turning left & right. Have replaced steering motor & also changed oil & filters also checked pressure relief valve it was clean & working.. any thoughts pls ??

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632022-12-18 08:08

    1st thing you need to do is verify that it is actually overheating. Gauges and senders/sensors do fail. How is the overheating being determined?

  2. #2Tyrone Mason2022-12-18 15:25

    Hi I have put new temp sensor in already no different. Also check with a heat laser gun oil in tank is reading 100° pipes running to oil cooler reading 70° on inlet & out let of cooler

  3. #3Nige2022-12-18 16:53

    Surely that can't be right. There should be a temperature delta in/out of the cooler. What's the machine S/N.? Need to see what the cooler setup is on it and if there is any sort of cooler bypass valve for when the oil is cold.

  4. #4Tyrone Mason2022-12-18 17:04

    The only relief valve I found was in tight spot between hydraulic tank & cab had the big spring inside valve

  5. #5Tyrone Mason2022-12-20 00:05

    Thanks for the help so far guys.. I think pump might be buggered took case drain off at idle it pumped out 20L in 50sec thats not good im guessing

  6. #6Nige2022-12-20 10:28

    We haven't done anything yet. Still waiting for a S/N.......

  7. #7Tyrone Mason2022-12-20 14:46

    You didnt get my pic?? it is S6T00472

  8. #8Nige2022-12-20 14:53

    TBH I thought that was a view of the relief valve you found. I never looked at it. My bad. Keep an eye on your messages. Stuff coming your way.

  9. #9Tyrone Mason2022-12-21 19:59

    Thanks for info. Old pump buggered it measured 3000PSI at idle. New one is on now everything is all good

  10. #10Nige2022-12-21 20:03

    Good on ya.