Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R transmission getting hot

Cactus86 · 2022-07-19 04:14

Hi have a d6r prefix 7dr that transmission temp is getting hot after a short time. I’m trying to understand the priority valve thinking that it could be the problem. My machine is not throwing codes but it also not displaying engine rpm. could the lack of engine rpm data effect the priority valve position Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2022-07-19 05:15

    Did the overheating problem start at the same time as you lost engine RPM signal.?

  2. #2Cactus862022-07-19 05:48

    It was overheating previous to this but in the mean time I replaced trans oil cooler and found it was partially blocked. Machine has not been used for around 5 months and have only just noticed that rpm not working. I have temp checked brake housing to see if there is excess heat in that area but is running cooler than the trans temp.