Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R what was the last year of the 3306?

N8twny ยท 2024-06-18 13:14

What was the last year that the D6r Used to 3306 engine before it went to I believe it is a C9 ? Thanks n8t

Replies11
  1. #1David P (CAT)2024-06-18 13:32

    not realy answering your question, but the D6GX uses a 3306B

  2. #2Oxbow2024-06-18 15:25

    I think..........the Series 2 was the last D6R with a 3306. Built from 2000 - 2005. That is a D6R XL with a prefix of AGM, or AAX. Some of the XWs and LGPs may be different.

  3. #3Nige2024-06-18 17:48

    To the best of my knowledge all the different prefixes of the Series I version of the D6R were the only ones ever built with a 3306 engine. The Series II and III tractors all had C-9 engines, including the AGM & AAX prefixes that @Oxbow mentioned above. Can't help regarding production years though.

  4. #4Oxbow2024-06-18 20:18

    I gave it my best shot using the handbooks that I have, but I certainly defer to you!

  5. #5.RC.2024-06-18 21:46

    Cat performance handbook #33 D6R series 2, 3306 ATAAC engine 165hp D6RXL/XW/LGP series 2, C9 ATAAC 185hp.

  6. #6Oxbow2024-06-18 22:42

    I have 37, 39, and 42! The former models section didn't specify engines that I saw.

  7. #7D6 Merv2024-06-18 23:30

    D6R-1 had 3306; all D6R-2 are C9 engine

  8. #8Nige2024-06-20 14:34

    I saw that. It's a misprint (they cut & pasted the same tractor weight/engine model information from Edition 32). The error was only corrected when Edition 34 came out. Edition 32 Edition 33. No change in data apart from the "Series II". Edition 34. The weights all change.

  9. #9Nige2024-06-20 14:43

    So the last year of the D6R with a 3306 was probably 2002

  10. #10.RC.2024-06-20 17:37

    I am sorry Nige, but saying caterpillar made a mistake is a stoning offence.

  11. #11tctractors2024-06-22 15:12

    In the U.K. I only ever came across the 3306 engine in the D6R, the Series 2 always had the C series engines with the oil grade keys, that was a bunch of swap out connectors that represented differing oil grades that changed the ECM.