Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6R XL II fault code

R Massey ยท 2019-07-09 22:20

I posted part of this problem earlier this year, but one of the problems started up again: getting the "Engine intake/Combustion-Temperature-g0068093" turning on when I get to working temp on engine. If I idle down and stop, it will go off in about 60 sec., but comes back on in about 3-5 minutes. I have replaced both Air Filter, but still no fix. On my earlier post, member Cmark stated theat this was the result of dirty filters, but could be something else. Can someone help me out as to where I can Start. I appreciate any and all help! image 1

Replies3
  1. #1Cmark2019-07-10 01:40

    Are you still getting the air filter restriction warning light? You should also take a look at the precleaner item 9 and make sure it as clean as they have been known to block up. If that's all OK then check if your aftercooler is clean externally, item 2. I take it you're not getting any other overheating problems?

  2. #2kshansen2019-07-10 09:24

    I had the problem with a 980K working in a dusty area change air filter and a short time latter got the repeat of plugged air filter. Problem was that precleaner was half plugged. Think it was because of fine dust and damp morning air coating the small tubes. A good washing with soapy water and then rinsing with water and it was good to go!

  3. #3BigWrench552019-07-10 10:57

    Clean the radiator and the charge air cooler. It is telling you that the intake charge air is hotter than it likes to see. Hope that helps.