D6R XL II SN#AAX00576 As i was pushing a load, tractor suddenly stopped as if put in neutral. As I lifted the blade it wanted to move forward but felt as if transmission was slipping. Reverse works as it should. Prior to this I noticed that there was a delay when shifting to forward from reverse and the delay got longer as time went on. After reading a similar case on this forum and talking to the Cat tech, I replaced the the modulator valve #1. Started up tractor and it worked for about 1 hour and then did the same thing, stalled. I let it sit for around 10 minutes and started it up and again, it worked but only about 20-30 minutes Also noticed that when I turn off machine and turn back on, it seemed to possibly reset something and would also work for 20-30 minutes. Anybody have any suggestions as to my next step? Thank you in advance for you help!! Robert M
Do you have the maintenance manual..? Pull all the screens and check for particles, both metallic or non-metallic. Change the filter and cut the old one to look for material buried in the bottom of the pleats. Plenty of “how to” videos on YouTube to guide you. Report what you find.
After you have done what Nige suggests above and the screens are clean, remove the floor pates ,apply the foot brake and watch the drive shaft while operating the machine in all gear ranges. The shaft should take up some slack and then stop moving, if the shaft continues to rotate on a particular gear range that is the problem area we need to look at.Be it mechanical, hydraulic or electrical Mark