Can someone please help? Don't want to sound dumb, but I can not find any information that sends me to an answer to my problem. What exactly is the "Engine Intake/Combustion-filter-g00682692" (diagram 1) and where is it located? My dash light stays on and now along with that dash light I am getting the "Engine intake/Combustion-Temperature-g0068093" (diagram 2) turning on when I get to working temp on engine. If I idle down and stop, it will go off in about 60 sec., but comes back on in about 3-5 minutes, image 1 Image 2 Thank you in advance for any info!
#1 Indicates a blocked engine air filter. #2 Indicates the consequences of running with a blocked engine air filter. There are other possibilities but start by checking your air filters. Looks like this; Edit. Can anyone spot the mistake in the drawing?
I'm guessing the smaller (inner) filter should go in first??
Not sure if serious.
From the looks of the line diagram it would appear as though the secondary filter goes in last............. obviously not what whoever drew it intended. To the OP - do you have an Operator Manual for this tractor..? If not, do you want one..?
I'm sure it's tongue in cheek, but if you didn't know better that's the first impression you'd get from looking at the illustration.........unlike the diagram below that is correct.
While we are on the subject of strange D6 Cat Symbols, I ran across this in the cat book the other day and am stumped. Did they mislabel the symbol for Oil Pressure? They point to the correct area on panel diagram, but show the "Transmission Oil Filter" symbol in description. Mistake or am I missing something?
Take a look on the back cover. What is the publication reference..? It’ll be something like SEBUxxxx
Looks like the book is mislabeled to me.
I wouldn't disagree. However it may be that the error in the book has already been corrected in later versions, but I need to know what Publication Reference to look at.
SEBU6894-03
You are running a D6M I take it..? Corrected in the current version of the publication that was last updated in 2004. Maybe you should think about investing in an updated version of the book. They are only about $45 to download from the internet. Who knows what other changes may be in it..?
Sticking with the air filter theme,I read in the handbook that the air filters are not to be touched unless notified in the cab on this jbm d8t. I'm used to pulling them and cleaning them at service inyervals or daily in summer topsoil strips on older D342's
Nicky, Were you aware that the recommendation is to clean a primary filter only 4 times before you throw it out..? TBH cleaning, especially with compressed air, is likely to do more harm than good. I'd simply wait for the plugged filter light to come on then toss the old one and fit a replacement. the biggest life-extender for primary air filter elements is making sure that the precleaner assembly is functioning correctly.
Thanks Nige,I never knew that. I am aware of the 4 cleans thing,but always assumed that it wouldn't do any harm. However,the manual seems to agree with you. I'll wait for the light to come in future. Thanjz
Compressed air frequently has small water particles in it. These particles can poke really small holes in the filter element, coincidentally just the right size for dust particles to get through. I know that there is a secondary element behind the primary, but that's not the point. The purpose of the primary element is to stop the dust, and poking holes in it isn't going to help it do that.