Hi I have a D6R3 XL dozer and i cant turn the blade all other functions work like raising the blade and tilting it but i cant get it to turn the lever to turn blade is located on same joystick as tilting an raising Any suggestions?? thanks
(A) HOLD position (B) RAISE position (C) LOWER position (D) FLOAT position (E) TILT LEFT position (F) TILT RIGHT position
I assume that you are talking about a PAT blade.? Do you have this style of joystick.?
yes
im sure lever switch works where does switch send signal to to activate coil to turn blade
Would an electrical schematic help you to test more in the electrical system.? If so it would need the Serial Number to identify the correct one.
yes thank you serial number is HKE00163
i have an active code 113 1870.04
That'll do it......... 113 1870 04 is the VPAT thumb rocker control position sensor voltage below normal. Attached is the troubleshooting procedure. I'll send you the schematic separately. Keep an eye on your messages.
ok thank you
where would the vpat rocker position sensor be located
the trouble shooting guide tells me to disconnect J2 harness from ecm stupid qustion but does that mean engine ecm or powertran ecm or is that the same thing
The Powertrain ECM controls the hydraulics so it would be connector J2 on that one.
Directly under the thumb control somewhere inside the top of the handle I would think.
this machine is new to me so im having trouble locating it where would i find it
I'll check and get back to you.
ok thank u
I was right, it is in the top of the handle. The bad part about it is that the position sensor is not sold separately, only as part of a complete handle assembly. Only Page 4 Grid F-9 of the electrical schematic 267-8686 is shown as "IMPL Handle (VPAT). When I look in the parts listing 267-8686 is the complete handle assembly. There are a few serviceable parts in it but the position sensor is not one of them.
Thanks Nige for Your help appreciate it much have a great weekend
HI Nige the signal wire was grounded out so i fixed that now my blade turns only to the left i switched the right and left coils but same results when i switch the connectors on coils the lever function is reversed but still only turns one way any suggestions??
and im not getting any codes
So from your results both coils are good because it doesn't matter where you install them and when you interchange the connectors the blade angling works to either one side or the other but obviously not both ways at the same time. You need to be looking further back.......... OK, here is what I think. The 1870-04 code that you had before was caused by the broken signal wire that you have now fixed. Once that wire was repaired the Code would disappear. I suspect that what is happening is that the position sensor (the one in the top of the handle) is not giving a correct signal to the ECM and there will be NO Code registered for that. The sensor is a PWM type. To test the operation will require a digital multimeter capable of measuring duty cycle. With the angle control in the centre (neutral) position the output of the sensor should be very close to 50%. With the control thumbwheel operated as far as it will go in one direction the sensor output should be less than 10%, and with it operated fully in the other direction the output should be in excess of 90%. If you don't get numbers like these then the position sensor is bad and will need to be replaced. As mentioned earlier that means a new handle because the sensor is not sold separately.
we checked duty cycle earlier an when we pushed switch one way it was at around 20% the other way it had around 80% we checked connecters an i think we must have pulled out a pin a little bit connecting and reconnecting cause we pushed one in a little on coil so now we got it working so Nige thanks for all the help
Sometimes that happens and it’s the most difficult thing in the world to find because externally everything appears fine. If the pins don’t click right into place in the connector contact can be lost. The “pull test” on each individual wire is the way to find the problem.
Hi on a D6R3XI I was pushing snow an lost steering an handle feels loose.Can turn handle with no response. Any ideas? Thanks
Have you checked for the presence of any Diagnostic Codes in the Monitor.?
No code. handle turns too freely could it be something mechanical?
So you feel little or no resistance when you pull or push the steering tiller.? If so I wonder if there is a problem in the linkage underneath the handle.
No resistance at all I'll check linkage I can get to that by removing floor panel right?
You will probably have to remove more than one panel. You may even have to remove the operator seat. I'm not sure how much access there is from underneath the floor.
Ok thank you I'll check it out