Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T Air Filter Restricted

ms0115 · 2020-05-17 19:54

CAT D6T XL Serial - GMK 0153 Engine air filter restriction keeps coming up on the monitor. We have changed filters, disassembled and cleaned pre cleaner. The message came back. Ran it with no air filter and the message came back. Changed the sensor, same condition. Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies18
  1. #1Nige2020-05-17 21:08

    Without looking at the schematic doesn't the D6T have an atmospheric pressure sensor.? If it does then air filter restriction is calculated by taking the atmospheric pressure reading minus intake manifold pressure. Full troubleshooting procedure attached.

  2. #2ms01152020-09-24 08:56

    I have changed the air filters. Replaced the intake pressure sensor. And replaced the sensor behind the air filters. Code E583-2 has appeared again. Any ideas on how to resolve this matter.Thanks.

  3. #3Nige2020-09-24 09:06

    Do you have the Part Numbers of the sensors you replaced.? Just makes them easier to track down. Also what were the results of Test Steps 3 & 4 in the procedure I attached in Post #2 above..?

  4. #4ms01152020-09-24 19:44

    The parts that were changed are 320-3061 and 320-3063.

  5. #5Nige2020-09-25 05:25

    Were the sensors you replaced #8 & #9 in the illustration..?

  6. #6Nige2020-09-25 05:25

    I'd be interested in the answer to this also.

  7. #7Nige2020-09-25 06:26

    There are two 320-3063 pressure sensors on that engine. One for atmospheric air pressure, the other for inlet manifold (turbo entry) pressure. The difference of the two pressure values is used to calculate the air filter restriction. Please check the colours and numbers of the three wires that connect to the 320-3063 that you replaced. Are they - 997 Orange, 993 Brown, & F714 Pink OR - Y748 White, G833 Pink, & R747 Grey..?

  8. #8ms01152020-10-02 19:39

    Thanks for the information, I will be back on that machine next week.

  9. #9watglen2020-10-03 07:35

    My D6T was throwing similar faults, that atmospheric pressure sensor was one that comes to mind. The local cat dealer, Toromont went to town on it, and in particular changed an injector etc etc etc. They were chasing their tail in my opinion. What came out of it all was that dozer has a prevalence of broken wires in various bundles on the engine. Causes exactly the kind of issues you are having. I had the techs out about 6 times last year and finally they found the wire causing the issue. One thing that stuck in my mind was when I saw the tech with a bag of ready made CAT branded little wire patch kits. Anyway, not problems this year, so that broken wire fixed it.

  10. #10dust eater2020-10-03 14:27

    we are having the same problem with a D-8R that has a history of wiring issues. that is the first place we are looking Monday morning

  11. #11Nige2020-10-03 15:05

    If you want an electrical schematic for the D8R please post a Serial Number and I’ll send you one.

  12. #12dust eater2020-10-04 07:04

    we have it, Thanks

  13. #13fawaz2025-05-20 23:37

    Having same problem with my d6t engine air filter restriction code e583

  14. #14fawaz2025-05-20 23:37

    I have replaced bought air filter

  15. #15Nige2025-05-20 23:47

    I see over 50 different models of D6T. Need a machine Serial Number. It makes finding information much eaiser. Also can you confirm that E583 is the only Active Code you have.?

  16. #16fawaz2025-05-20 23:48
  17. #17fawaz2025-05-20 23:52
  18. #18fawaz2025-05-21 06:04

    Yes that's the only code I have