Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T Hardnose has a lot of slop all of a sudden

watglen · 2023-06-21 21:31

As the title implies, D6T with about 8000 hrs has a whole lot of slop in the hardnose mounts. It wasn't like this a week ago. When you lift or lower the blade, the hardnose rocks back and forth a whole lot. Pins are in as they always have been. What am I looking at here?

Replies2
  1. #1tctractors2023-06-22 15:45

    I had a main frame crack through on a D6T a few months ago, it cracked straight through between the 2 nose cone pins, it was a fair strip out to sort, CAT were ever so helpful with this problem as long as they were paid £20'000 or something for there "Highly Skilled Welder" to patch it up, I stripped the nose cone empty and removed all sorts to allow room to cut and weld repair the area, had to buy a plate of 8mm T1 type steel that was a bit costly as only need a small amount, so I would check for a complete crack on 1 side or the bushings to be missing or damaged, the puller holes in the pins are Metric on the T's with the front ones usually tough going.

  2. #2Nige2023-06-22 17:17

    To paraphrase the manual “some disassembly may be required” to reveal the root cause of the problem. My money is on a cracked/broken bush if the tractor frame is bushed for the hard nose pins. Being a 6T and therefore a relatively new model I think it will be.