Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T torque converter

Earthmover259 ยท 2024-08-28 07:18

How many hrs should it take to remove the torque converter from a cabbed 6T?.. LAY serial#

Replies2
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-08-28 08:04

    8-12

  2. #2tctractors2024-08-28 15:29

    There is a couple of factors that can make things go faster, 1 is the steam cleaner, and the other is getting it up on timber by about 6" to 9" as it makes it easier to pull the converter out from underneath, I know I would have 1 out in a day and be stripping it out to find out why it's calved down, I can remove a transmission out of a D6R LGP in around 4 hours by myself with no trouble, to be fair the Hi Drive stuff is well ahead on getting components off for repair, the D6T Add Blue kit is some pain to strip clear,not forgetting the fact that I am now 68 but have done a few (loads) and know all the tricks, by the way the Cab is handy to lower the converter down so its not really an issue.