Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T Track adjuster wear sleave replacement how to??

ReddinBlack ยท 2013-09-08 23:37

Hi hope to get some quick info tonight I need to get this dozer up tomorrow. I've got a d6t with the wear bushing on the track adjuster frame that was damaged and rusted up. I got the old one off and heated the new one up in an oven to about 425F it slid on half way and is stuck. I can't get it to go down any further. It looks straight but is stuck. Need help quick please!!

Replies2
  1. #1PAcattech2013-09-09 00:11

    sorry to say reddinblack but Probably not much chance of getting it off without damage. order another sleeve and start over next one cool the recoil frame with dry ice or liquid nitrogen .and heat sleeve stand frame on its nose so you can slid it down on frame .you where right to heat it in oven but make sure you keep it in there for couple hours to make sure is hot all the way through . I did a d8 several years ago it got stuck about 3/4 the way on . I had to cut it off and start over . think I did not heat it long enough and it cooled down to fast.

  2. #2ReddinBlack2013-09-09 00:24

    Thanks PA I was kinda afraid that's what it would be. I only left it in there about 30-45 min. I was hoping someone had some fool proof easy button for this. I've never done these before and I don't think I want to again.