Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T Undercarriage

pathrone · 2019-01-25 18:57

Need top rollers and segments for a 12' D6T. Local Cat store is $250 per roller and $1000 for segments. Is there a good aftermarket site I should check or just go through cat?

Replies19
  1. #1Dave Neubert2019-01-25 19:41

    Iron peddlers

  2. #2BigWrench552019-01-25 19:42

    Here in Texas I use a company called Heavyquip for after market undercarriage.

  3. #3Welder Dave2019-01-25 20:49

    $250 for Cat rollers doesn't sound too bad.

  4. #4Nige2019-01-26 04:57

    Try Offroad Equipment - www.offroadeq.com/ They should be able to price both Cat & aftermarket parts for you.

  5. #5StanRUS2019-01-26 08:53

    TREK http://www.trekdirect.com/english/company/

  6. #6cuttin edge2019-01-26 17:06

    Some of that aftermarket stuff is junk. They rebuilt our D7G, and it was ready to be done again in less than 2500 hrs. They put the genuine cat parts on over 5000 hrs ago and it's still going. It was a great old tractor, and as far as I know, it's in Africa now.

  7. #7big ben2019-01-27 01:21

    Cat now has UC 2 lines, general duty and heavy duty (std). Judging by the prices you listed you got the general duty duty prices but but they are very competitive in GD and with 4 Year 3000 hr warranty that’s worth something.

  8. #8Sanya_Promstal2019-01-27 15:55

    genuine parts and berco - only two options to use today. Korean only for easy working conditions. On the rock breaks a link.This happened several times on a machine weighing about 38 tons.

  9. #9Welder Dave2019-01-27 16:08

    A lot of posters have said Berco isn't as good as it used to be. Berco was more expensive that original Cat when I priced it.

  10. #10Sanya_Promstal2019-01-27 16:19

    Maybe it got worse but better than others, I don't know. Some components are made in China. Italians give a shipment period of 90 days. 30 days - production time in China, 30 - delivery to Italy, 30 - assembly. For the price - expensive transportation and customs

  11. #11Nige2019-01-27 16:57

    I wouldn't touch Berco undercarriage with a 40ft pole if it was my own money I was spending.........

  12. #12John C.2019-01-27 18:24

    Did you get those prices from the parts house or a product support rep. Cat always has special deals on undercarriage if you talk to the right person. Parts people will alway quote you list price. The product support people will look to keep you as a customer. As your local dealer to send someone out to measure your components and give you a quote. They do that kind of stuff for free.

  13. #13bam19682019-01-27 19:54

    FWIW... I put ITR chains and sprocket segments on a Komatsu D65 EX-12 dozer. IIRC it has @ 2500 HRS on them and have been very pleased so far. A contractor/ friend is a dealer for TREK. He runs 4 dozers and has nothing but good to say about them. I will probably give them a try on another dozer that is getting close to needing a new bottom.

  14. #14cyclone772019-02-08 04:02

    Not to go against what you are saying I'm sure everyone has had some luck with this or that aftermarket undercarriage but I purchased a used 2005 D6R with a brand new ITR undercarriage that the dealer installed It didn't last 200hrs before pins started seizing and we lost a rear idler. I would never in a million years would replace an undercarriage with anything but a CAT HD undercarriage. YES YOU WILL PAY A PREMIUM but it will outlast almost any other OEM undercarriage we've seen thus far. I rely on my machines to carry the weight of my company and pay all the bills just as the tires that I put on our haul trucks to get these machines to their work sites I won't compromise quality over saving money. Usually in the end its the same amount of money less the headaches

  15. #15watglen2019-02-08 06:38

    I am inquiring at some of the suppliers listed above, but does anyone know where to get Systemone track shoes? D6T

  16. #16Sanya_Promstal2019-02-08 06:44

    What is your ground? If not rock, you can weld

  17. #17Nige2019-02-08 08:58

    Other than your local friendly Cat dealer - no idea. If your shoes are basically in good condition but require re-grousering, Dura-Tuff is the only grouser bar I would consider. They even supply curved bar to weld to shoes that are worn at the ends of the grousers to make trimming unnecessary - www.duratuff.com/ The other option would be convert from SystemOne to "conventional" heavy duty undercarriage. Shoe-wise that would give you a world of options.

  18. #18PWR2019-04-13 21:44

    I have been real pleased with ITR on my D6H ll. Almost 1000 hours with no visible wear on rollers, idlers or rails.

  19. #19nicky 68a2019-04-14 03:23

    I run Cat undercarriage on 2 hi drive D8's with no issues . They seem around 30% more expensive,but I'm not sure I get 30% more life yet?. Too early to tell. To turn or not to turn is the big question. I've had good service life out of ITR gear in the past on D8H/K machines on general muck applications,but have so far only used Cat on the hi drives in low impact,high abrasion conditions. P.s...In sandstine,the ITR shank tector/shroud wins hands down over Cat .They are a third of the price,but last twice as long. Interesting. Not sure how it would stand up though in hard rock.