Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D6T vs D65EX-16 or 17

roysbigtoys ยท 2013-10-15 08:45

I am looking to upgrade my dozer. I currently run a 04' D65EX-15 with 8200hrs, which I like and get along good with. I would like your thoughts on both of these dozers. I would even consider a Deere 850K, but know nothing about them. Thanks for all your help.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2013-10-15 10:38

    A lot of your choice IMO should depend on how good your local Cat/Kom/Deere dealer is for parts and service support for the model you are running or are thinking about running. No machine is going to do a job for you if it can't be fixed PDQ when anything goes wrong with it, as it undoubtedly will at some point.

  2. #2bob4552013-10-15 20:00

    It's going to be hard to beat a d65

  3. #3oldirt2013-10-16 10:51

    especially a 6T..

  4. #4trackdoc2013-10-16 11:10

    Hi there I used to work for a guy that ran 8 D6's R&T's. I also know a few D65 users. The D6 is a different animal, heavier, more pwer, more traction. But will not travel as well on soft ground, they are a little heavy at the nose and well use more fuel than the 65. Personally I favor the Cat, but there is no doubt they are a more expensive tractor to run. Having said that the 65 is well put together, I have done 65 -12&-15 transmission's and final drives and there aint a thing wrong with em, though some of the -15 transmissions did fail at pretty low hours

  5. #5roysbigtoys2013-10-20 08:53

    Does anyone know of a web site or literature that compares the machines head to head?