Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7 17a2890 s/n low power

Hobbiest · 2024-09-29 10:53

Hello, I have recently purchased a d7 17a dozer It runs well moves steers well shifts well but I have no push power in fact it won’t pull itself backwards up a 20 degree angle Any solutions? Thanks in advance

Replies5
  1. #1hector gemme2024-09-29 17:23

    I am not sure but the master cluch need adjustement

  2. #2Hobbiest2024-09-29 20:27

    I did the adjustment under the floor plates maybe not enough yet?

  3. #3hector gemme2024-09-29 20:59

    The D7-17A have a wet master cluch and dry stering cluch and if your motor run fast it should moved and did you check the oil level in cluch housing

  4. #4Hobbiest2024-09-29 21:01

    Can it be too full? My dip stick is busted off so not sure how much is in it

  5. #5hector gemme2024-09-29 21:24

    HI The master cluch housing shoulb have 5 gallons and not sure if she too full you should see smooke and this cluch use the same oil than the motor and if you adjuste to much you will have to desajusted you have a click on cluch lever.