Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7 3t track conversion

Riley73071 ยท 2017-02-04 11:52

I purchased a D7 3T dozer from an individual. The sprockets were wore down and slipping. After investigation I have figured out that he put a 8.5 pitch tracks on a 8 inch pitch sprockets. The tracks are like new and i woukd like to keep them. just wondering if anyone has had success changing the sprockets from an 8 to an 8.5 pitch...I was told that the tracks fit a D7e

Replies1
  1. #1Old Magnet2017-02-04 15:07

    8.5" pitch rails are not compatible with 8" pitch sprockets. Neither 8.5" pitch weld on sprocket rims or segment adapters will mount to 8" pitch hubs. Also 8.5" rims are 25 tooth and 8" versions are 26 tooth. If you can find them an 8" pitch adapter ring 4S9005 and 3S9138 and 3S9139 segments can be mounted to an 8" pitch sprocket or use a 3S7090 weld on rim.