My D7G has the serial number of 28a4622 but the guy at finning said that number doesnt help him at all to find the correct fan belts for this machine. Does anyone know what the part number for the belts are for it?
28a is a 173 hyd control not tractor number. look for tag on bottom of dash or rear of tractor
Well crap... I know where the tag is on the cat... but im not out in the bush right now.. I just read the serial number off the recent work order it had.. and thats what they have under serial number. Ill have to go dig up the bill of sale.
Well I found the bill of sale, and they used the same number as well. Guess ill have to fire up the sled and venture out to it.
These photos may help. Use the location of the pedals or of the circular cover on the back side of the bevel gear case to help you get your bearings.
Maybe you'll be lucky and it'll be a 92Vxxxx
When you locate serial number, write it somewhere you can easily see it in Permanent Marker on the Dozer
92V 91V 65V 64V 44W The only prefixes I know of.
The are a total of 15 different flavours of D7G, which kind of explains why having a Serial Number to go on is somewhat essential.
Well went out to the cat and struck out. No Serial number tag by the brakes or in the back. I see where they got the number from the hydraulic tank...its the only one visiable on the machine. I took the one good belt off and measure it. 84 1/2 inches x 7/8 wide.
When you go out again look closely at rear should be stamped in case I always looked for two small holes where drive screws were
I assume (and here I go assuming again) that what he really needs to figure out fan belts is an engine serial or arrangement number? Hopefully those tags are still on his block. Left hand side near operator station, right?
That would work. If you can find a data plate on the engine it will probably have both a Serial Number and an Arrangement Number marked on it. Also if you can find an engine Serial Number you could approach Finning (but not the Parts Dept) again and detail your dilemma. If you give them the S/Nos of the engine and of the hydraulic control they ought to be able to contact the factory and obtain information on what S/N of tractor those two components were originally installed.
Taking a D7G S/N prefix at random it quoted two belts Part Number 5H-7371 (or P/N 7M-4710 as a set of two). The effective length is quoted as 85" and 7/8" width. I would still be more comfortable with a tractor Serial Number though.
Hey-hey! Look at me! I contributed! Better yet, built an account at www.parts.cat.com and enter your serial number under "My Equipment". Heck, do the same for your engine as another piece of Equipment in case someone before you swapped it out. SOOOOOO much easier to log in, click on it, and see diagrams, parts, prices, availability, etc.
Seems kind of lazy for Finning not to list either the machine or engine serial number but it's good there may only be a couple of belts to try. Does Cat list the dimensions of both? I had a similar experience with a belt for my tractor despite having the serial number.