Hello everybody, Went to the Aldersyde weigh station yesterday to weigh a company trailer and this thing was ahead of us on the scale! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera but luckily my apprentice volunteered to take a picture with his I-Phone! I've never seen a D7E before except from pictures here and I must say this thing looks pretty impressive! I didn't get a chance to look any closer as the truck was pulling away when we took this picture... Next time maybe! Enjoy!
Sweet looking dozer!
There's another new D7E prototype testing up our way right now, and by all accounts, it's the worst machine to work on any of the mechanics have ever seen. Now, for the record, it's not due to the electric drive or anything like that. I guess this one is running all of the emissions stuff on it, and the stuff is all shoe horned under the same hood. It took the mechanic 20 hours, just to change the injection pump.
Not sure if I would use the term "prototype testing" as the machine is done the "prototype" testing and is for sale if you want one. A contractor already bought one last fall after the machine came through here (Ft Mac) on demo last spring
It has always been the same thing. The newer the design the tougher they are to work on. Same with Cat, Deere, all of the heavy duty truck manufacturers, and don't get me started on light trucks. Same old story as I have told them at Cat in Peoria a number of times. If you had to work on them you would never build them that way.
Big Ben, this is a prototype, it's the one running the Tier 4 emissions setup near Edson, not the standard setup you can go in and buy right now. I know that the D7E is commercially available now, and that Surmont has one, I was just referring to the one they are testing right now.
Amen!
you boys should try working on a mini 1.5 ton excavator with a cab on it.every thing is packed in like sardines.its all very tight and nipped fingers nick.....
they sure haven't tested it much.those ripper tynes look clean
54j, that's a brand new machine being delivered.
I work for a Topcon Dealer in the southeast and one of our salesmen sold a Topcon MC2 GPS system on a D7E.
Ain't it the truth. I'm still puzzled as to why they labeled it a D7E. To me, a D7E was an older machine that was actually a fair worker. I've been round the horn many times with Cat over the complexities they build into their equipment too, and it did some good. But none of the manufacturers are their own man any more. The government and the states and way too many do-gooders have stuck their ugly muggs into the picture so that now, you just can't make a machine to do a great job at one thing. It has to be environmentally friendly, safe, efficient, quiet, fast, and cheap. Just not much fun anymore.
I think they named it that for D7E(lectric). That's the one w/ the electric drivetrain.
Perhaps Cat've listened. The D6E development programme has been put on hold. As for if Cat worked on them they'd never build them that way, Greg, who do you think builds and works on the early ones? If you think the production machines are hard to work on you should see the real prototypes and pre-production machines, before they get tidied up a bit.
We talked to the cat engineer when we had the field follow 953D and 963D and talked of somethings that would make it easier for us to work on and they were Incorporated into the production machines. So, they do listen.
Your comander and chief with the new D7E I wonder what he's indicating?
Poor D7E. I suppose they threated the machine that it would be sent to the scrap yard if it didn't pose in this picture with you fearless leader you know who. What is he indicating? He is indicating he can't see the telepromptor.
No Greg he's not, he's saying that Caterpillar needs to give their technological advances to Chinese manufacturers to bring about change to our economy.
Oh, excuse me. Than that is what he is reading off of the teleprompter.
Looks like he's showing just how full of it he really is...
Tier 3 is bad enough, and now with the upcoming tier 4 engines, I am afraid engine relaibility and ease of service is gone for a looooong time to come. I believe we have already seen the best of machine engineering with the machines of the late 1990's, and up to about 2004. Anything after that is way too influenced by government rules and regulations. When the economy does turn around and machines are in demand again, there will be a high premium on used machines in that just mentioned time span.
I think he is telling everyone the blades at that end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have an idea he doesn't have a clue what end the blade is on as nobody has told him. The thing about Obama that is so unfortunate is that he is just a product of unfortunate educating. He only knows what somebody tells him with no ability to think for himself. My senator, a R from Oklahoma who comes out here to hunt, is actually friends with him outside the office and says you'de be surprised at how much Obama will listen to a new idea. He just gets told it's no good later and is then 100% against it. Anyway, it was a new 7E at Warren Cat's yard in OKC. It was on the Finished repair line and I was there picking up a 6R that just got new undercarrage. I jumped on and took it for a spin on their yard. It was a nice machine and though i didn't dig any I will say it was more "peppy" than ANYTHING on tracks I'd ever driven. Very cool tractor! I'm not a fan of the single lift cylinre though. Somebody shoulda asked if the made it look like an old Terex on purpose or not. The yard gate guy wasn't too impressed with me playin on it but who cares. He sent me out the gate with the wrong 6R on anyway.lol