Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7E-47A pony engine parts?

sledgehammer ยท 2014-07-24 23:10

I need to pull out my pony engine. I think the bendix gear has a bad tooth. it jumps around pretty badly and engages rough. is there anywhere left to get parts for these old girls? I prefer not to convert to electric if I don't have to.

Replies5
  1. #1ol' Grump2014-07-25 08:05

    One of the best places I've found to get bits'n'pieces for these old critters is Tractor Parts/General Gear in Boise Idaho. http://www.tractorparts.com/

  2. #2sledgehammer2014-07-25 08:46

    ok thanks i'll give them a call

  3. #3sledgehammer2014-07-25 11:36

    is it very hard to get the bellhousing and clutch out if my ring gear is toast?

  4. #4sledgehammer2014-07-29 15:49

    got my pup out. here's what I found

  5. #5sledgehammer2014-07-29 18:49

    as you can see there's some chipped\worn teeth on the backside of the flywheel, so obviously that wont work with the pup anymore since it engages from the back. would converting it to electric be an option since starters engage from the front side?