Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7e 48a

NZCaterpillar ยท 2019-08-31 06:45

So I am looking at doing a restoration project on a D7e 48a and I thought the best place to start would be doing a rebuild on the getting tired engine which I believe is a D339. What is a good brand of rebuild kit or are there any to avoid or is it best to stick with OEM parts that is if CAT still make them?

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2019-08-31 07:08

    Can't really help with your question regarding engine parts but a suggestion would be to register on the ACMOC forum and post the same question there - https://www.acmoc.org/

  2. #2R.D.G0132019-08-31 07:42

    I think Cat have a parts thing going for older models don't know wether its in NZ would pay to ask the local dealers or as NIge says go to ACMOC forum. Sounds like a cool project keep us all posted. There is a group on face book called NZ Road Transport & Contracting, in that group is a bloke called Paul Clarke who has a few 8s & 9s done up who might have some better info on parts and where to get hem from.

  3. #3NZCaterpillar2019-08-31 09:05

    Thanks for the suggestions I will check both of them out and continue to update on here along the way with some photos as well.

  4. #4Tones2019-08-31 17:08

    You better hurry, Wheels at Wanaka is on in 18 months.