I hired a new operator, he is an older experienced operator but I dont like the way he shifts from forward to reverse and vice versa on my dozer. Can someone tell me the correct way this should be done on this particular machine. Thanks
The only D 31-17 I have operated had a decelerator pedal and I used it as you would with a normal power shift, by decelerating when going from fwd to rev. They do have an inching pedal which is pretty much ike a clutch but never used it. They do have a damper in the drive line to take the shock out of shifting as they have no TQ but are direct drive. Never had any problems with the tranny, I think the loader version the D 31S never had a decelerator pedal at all.
Thanks, my dozer has the inching pedal and brake pedal but no decelerator. I left out the A in the model, it is a D31A-17 if that makes a differance