Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7E 48a (high-horse) oil pressure issues

D7E highhorse ยท 2023-04-03 12:32

I have a D7E (48A) High-horse model, I was using it to do some brushing and it felt like it was lagging a little bit of power, but was tough to tell as I was pushing a good blade full. All gauges work and read where they should and nothing else seemed off, so I kept pushing trees to the pile. About ten mins later as I backed up and started going forward, i heard what sounded like two pieces of tinwork/ steel rubbing together for about 3-5 seconds, but was tough to tell as it is a loud ol unit, first thing that popped into mind is turbo, which had been changed about 8 years ago.. I stopped and got out with the cat running, opened up the side guards and didn't see/hear anything out of normal. After checking everything I figured it must have been nothing and was going to carry on. I got in and was going to start going again and when I opened up the throttle but the De-cel pedal wouldn't come up and it would not rev up, just stayed at an idle. I looked at the gauges and my engine oil pressure showed low so I shut it down right away. I pulled my side shields off again and checked my motor oil just in case, which was changed approx four hours ago using 15W-40 conventional oil, and it was where it should be roughly. I checked the linage and it is free and clear of being stuck on the outside. Knowing this unit has the "safety" lock in the governor to hold the de-cel at an idle, I didn't start it after or try. Any thoughts on what may be my issue?? Any help is appreciated kindly!

Replies1
  1. #1Old Magnet2023-04-03 15:15

    Sounds like low engine oil pressure has activated the governor stop to where it won't rev.