Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D8N

MIT63 ยท 2023-04-03 14:04

What is the best way to drain hyd oil to remove hyd pump without getting oil spilling every where? ?

Replies6
  1. #1MIT632023-04-03 14:06

    Hyd suction line is the at the pump is the lowest point but there is no port to drain oil there. must be almost 5 gallons of oil down there.

  2. #2Nige2023-04-03 14:58

    A vacuum transducer on the hydraulic tank.?

  3. #3Zewnten2023-04-03 21:05

    Loosen the hose clamp, push a hose spoon in and let it drain but it's controlled leak. after you drain the hydraulic tank, most have a drain valve on the bottom of the tank.

  4. #4John C.2023-04-05 14:24

    Suction on the reservoir works well for excavators so should do fine for the dozer. I have a barrel pump that I used all the time for pumping down hydraulic tanks. I have different pipes I can used on the suction side of the barrel pump and a long hose so it will reach a clean barrel if I want to reuse the oil.

  5. #5chidog2023-04-06 18:46

    No one will like my way of doing it. Need a helper to hold the hose, and an empty 55 gallon barrel. I remove one of the tilt cylinder hoses, some many need an extension for some hoses, put the hose in the barrel and use the tilt lever and pump it till it stops and shut it down. When in the woods you do what you have to do.

  6. #6Dave Neubert2023-04-07 18:39

    I have done this many times wont hurt a thing as long as you shut it down when it stops flowing