A few weeks ago, I had 2 O rings leaking between the pump and two of the lines, so I decided to replace all of them. When I pulled the cap housings from pump, each individual nozzle came out with the cap. I replaced the orings, but I apparently don't have the nozzles set correctly. The dozer cranks and runs, but the engine is slow to accelerate and doesn't seem to obtain full rpm with the throttle wide open, and has a slight miss. When the deceleration petal is fully depressed, the engine will idle down nearly to the point of stalling. Can someone tell me the correct way to reset these so that I can have my old powerful 7E back? Thank you!
What did you TORQUE the "caps" to?? I believe its 110 ftlbs? Your terminology is wrong or I'm wrong.. where did you get the tool to unscrew the "caps"? Its a male serrated tool, that goes inside the top nuts.?? The injectors are IN the HEAD.. the top nuts, snubbers & plungers are in the pump..{leaking?}
I think he's talking about the actual fuel injection pumps that sit on top of the injection pump housing. They are just bolted down and they have o-rings that seal them. You have to get the timing mark back in line with the line on the rack. The teeth have a line on them and so does the rack. Also, never swap the plunger from one pump housing to another. They are machined as a unit. Take the plate off the side of the injection pump if you need to see the lines on the rack. Sounds like you just got it out of time when you put it back together.
That's exactly what I was talking about, Don. Thanks for your help!
Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of a 3306 pump.. Makes alittle more sense now..
Thanks for the help Don! I had 2 of them off by 1 tooth, and one was off by 2 teeth. Slapped it back together and it's running like a wildcat!! Thanks again!
Yeah, I bet it was running a little sick like that. Nice work.