Hello everyone! First time poster but read many posts here. I am servicing the heads on my D7E and replacing the combustion chambers and glow plugs since I'm this far into it. My old parts book shows part #9M8025 for combustion chambers. I ordered 4 and they do not have a hole for glow plugs. I did a little more research and ordered part #2P0483 combustion chamber and #3T9562 glow plugs. These combustion chambers do not have a hole for glow plugs either. I read some post on here that gave part #5L6940 and 8S7601 for combustion chambers and 4S7824 for glow plugs. Are these the correct parts numbers and where can I find them? I'm trying to get this ole dozer going. Any help will be much appreciated.
What is the Ref # of the Parts Manual that you are using.? According to what I see for a tractor S/N 48A6393-Up it should be UE070003. Unfortunately the 48A machine is not supported in the online system.
That is the Parts Manual that I have, Form UE070003, page 25. My dozer is direct start.
8S7601=2P0484 are good chamber numbers 4S7824=3T9562 are good glow plug numbers (24v) Both available aftermarket on ebay
Thank you Old Magnet! I will order these parts tomorrow!
In the parts book you might need to look under Direct Electric Start Equipment at the back of the book to cover this issue, as the 48A was Donkey Start Factory Fit as standard, the electric start is an option at extra cost at time of build.
I looked back through the Parts Manual and I did find the part numbers for pre-combustion chamber and glow plugs. Chamber Assembly 5L6940 is shown on page 116A in a list of "Consists of". The glow plugs 4S7824 are on page 116E. I ordered the chambers on Monday and they arrived today, Wednesday! Price was $130.25 for chambers with shipping. Glow Plugs were $17.44 plus shipping. Hopefully this dozer will be working soon. Thank you all for your assistance!
Found it!