Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7E Serial Number – Specs

cgfreeland ยท 2008-09-30 20:15

Anybody have any source info on specs on a d7e serial number 48a479*? I need to know if its the 160hp or 180 hp and what the weight is, the year it was made, I am having trouble finding any info on the net. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1DPete2008-09-30 21:27

    Try here, scroll to crawler tractors on the upper left then D7E on the upper right specs are at the bottom of the D7E page http://www.ironrecord.com/

  2. #2Greg2008-09-30 21:41

    More than likely you mean 48A4790 through 4799. That would make it a 160 HP and it would have been built in 1964 or 1965. Weight with a blade is about 44,000 Pounds. Terriffic machine. One of the great ones along with the late D8H46A's. Greg

  3. #3bruce oz2008-10-01 00:09

    d7e hello ,d7e 48a479*? was built in 1964 160hp d339t engine ,updated to 180hp after serial number 48a6885 in 1966 ,my book shows weight as 34000 pounds ,bruce oz

  4. #4cgfreeland2008-10-01 11:06

    Thanks for all your help. I'm a little dissapointed as the equipment dealer told me it was a 180hp version. Was the 180hp a different engine entirely? or rather what was done to make it a 180hp. I gave 23500 for it and it is about 0-85 percent undercarraige with all original undercarraige. Did I get riped?

  5. #5cgfreeland2008-10-01 11:08

    i put the * in the serial number casue I didn't know if it was smart to post the whole number on the internet ornot. Also, I am assuming that the ironrecord weight is for the bare tractor only and not the weight including blade.

  6. #6Greg2008-10-02 20:49

    Upgrade to 180 HP used the same base 339 engine. Just gave it more fuel and air. I am not sure if they increased the engine speed. I can't imagine it having the original undercarriage unless it has had almost no use. If the bottom is good, you got a good deal in my opinion. I run 7E's to this day pulling pans.