Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7F serial number … what year

westwing · 2021-10-09 16:11

Can anyone help me with info regarding my newly acquired D7F …. It was gifted to me …. Runs well with great engine and good undercarriage. It needs a respray but I have all the glass for the windows! 92E2960 Would appreciate any help

Replies28
  1. #1.RC.2021-10-09 17:02

    Probably one of the last of them. My guess would be around 1974.

  2. #2Bluox2021-10-09 17:17

    Japan machine, Japan motor Mid 70's good guess, 94N equivalent machine. Bob

  3. #3westwing2021-10-09 18:14

    Thanks for the replies. All that seems wrong is the blade tilt cylinder needs a new seal. I'm clearing 200 acres of thick scrub with it.

  4. #4Tones2021-10-09 20:09

    What happened to the sweeps?

  5. #5westwing2021-10-09 20:17

    No idea ... got it without a cab too but we had an old F that was in a fire .... cab is off the burnt one ... and the engine guards. I know its ugly but no point painting it as the scrub will ruin it

  6. #6Tones2021-10-10 18:45

    Where abouts are you working that tractor? I did think there was any scrub left .

  7. #7westwing2021-10-10 18:50

    South Island, New Zealand

  8. #8Tones2021-10-10 18:56

    That's where I spend the majority of my first 39 years

  9. #9westwing2021-10-10 19:30

    I'm south of Christchurch ... Rangitata ...

  10. #10Old Magnet2021-10-10 22:19

    What you have depends on the engine and transmission in your 92E2960 unit (1975) I can only offer how it would compare to the 94Nxxxx serial number machines.

  11. #11westwing2021-10-10 22:42

    44V5721 is 3306 engine number

  12. #12Old Magnet2021-10-11 11:31

    With the 3306 engine and if you have this transmission you are passed the early changes and have a good machine.

  13. #13westwing2021-10-11 13:55

    Thanks for that! I was aware of the ‘big’ and later ‘small’ D6 type transmission but now I can compare it to your graphic! I have a full D6D workshop manual but nothing for the D7 yet! I’m hoping they will be quite similar in many areas.

  14. #14Bluox2021-10-11 19:36

    The 3N same motor US built 3306. Bob

  15. #15epirbalex2021-10-12 17:52

    Car and Tractor books may have a manual 03 439 5124 .

  16. #16westwing2021-10-12 18:09

    Thanks for that. That number is disconnected. Its now +64 (021) 184 6366. Sadly, nothing in stock but I appreciate your help.

  17. #17.RC.2021-10-12 19:35

    A D6D and D7F are really nothing alike.

  18. #18westwing2021-10-12 19:51

    Yes! I realise that! But my workshop manual refers to the D7G and while I realise that model has several upgrades on the F, there must be many similarities? Chassis, undercarriage etc ?

  19. #19dozer7772021-10-12 20:10

    92e 2960 9série est 1975

  20. #20westwing2021-10-12 20:15

    Should it have the newer transmission? I cannot check yet ...STORM!

  21. #21westwing2021-10-15 03:50

    gave her a real good 8 hour workout today .... engine revs never drop under load ... tracks spin first. Great wee tractor

  22. #22.RC.2021-10-15 16:09

    Yes it does.

  23. #23westwing2021-10-17 04:10

    I'm getting a little 'clunk' changing gear ... forward to reverse. I'm VERY sympathetic to an older machine and decelerate / try to stop etc before changing ... only just beginning to hear it! Anything to worry about? all sppeds work well but I never use 3

  24. #24Bluox2021-10-17 04:36

    Check the u-joints Between torque divider and transmission. Bob

  25. #25dozer7772021-11-02 14:32
  26. #26dozer7772021-11-02 14:35

    1975

  27. #27westwing2021-11-09 18:35

    Thus wee slugger joined me at work today ….

  28. #28Tones2021-11-10 07:03

    Amazing to have the Cough Cough& Splutter label on it.