Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7F Timing Injection Pump

Hillmaniac1993 ยท 2023-12-12 07:29

Hello, We have a D7F with serial 61G661. We were told the engine is a D333C. We had the injection pump removed and rebuilt when we overhauled the engine. And now we are trying to get it re-installed and timed with the engine. From what I have researched so far, it takes some special tooling from CAT to get this type of injection pump timed with the engine. Some forums say that it can be done 2 ways. One with a dial indicator and bracket....or with a fixture plate. And I think I've found a fixture plate online, it's a 8S5417 Timing Fixture Plate. So my question is, will this timing fixture plate work to time this injection pump properly? From the picture of it, it looks like it could work. Thanks in advance for any info!

Replies12
  1. #1Old Magnet2023-12-12 12:07

    8S5417 is the correct timing fixture for the D333C.

  2. #2Hillmaniac19932023-12-12 13:14

    Ok thank you! I appreciate the info!

  3. #3tctractors2023-12-12 15:23

    If you just removed the injector pump off the drive you don't need to time anything just refit the pump, if you have had the gears loose you then need to use the timing plate, the drive for the pump has an off set to it so it cannot be fitted incorrectly.

  4. #4jezow20102024-03-29 12:11

    Can anyone post the procedure for using this timing plate? I am rebuilding an early 3306 which has the scroll style fuel pump and my manual only has the sleeve metering procedure with the pin.

  5. #5Dave Neubert2024-04-01 09:30

    you don't use the plate for this style. I use a drill bit in the timing hole

  6. #6jezow20102024-04-01 09:39

    I have an early 3306 with the scroll style(?). Same style as a d333c. Drill bit in the timing hole was for sleeve metering I had thought.

  7. #7tctractors2024-04-01 15:12

    Turn the crank to number 1 cylinder is on compression, look by the starter motor for the flywheel lock plug position for TDC, stick your pin or bolt in to the flywheel, with the timing gear loose on the drive fit the timing plate to the shaft and bolt in place, then tighten the gear onto the shaft.

  8. #8Dave Neubert2024-04-02 08:03

    ok then do like TC says

  9. #9jezow20102024-04-02 09:09

    Yeah that sounds simple enough. Now where to find a fixture or a print of one so I can make one? Ideas? Thanks for the help guys!!

  10. #10sled dog2024-04-02 10:43
  11. #11sled dog2024-04-02 11:03
  12. #12jezow20102024-04-02 13:06

    thanks, found the plate at the local dealer for $250