Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

D7G fuel problems

Buggo ยท 2024-09-02 18:37

Hi Nige and guys. I must be stupid. I cannot find my last thread. I have received a reply from Nige "Thanks Mate great info helped a lot" Now for my latest problem. After about 2 hours work the dozer looses power, starts spluttering and the engine conks out. I have noticed the fuel filter is low to almost empty of diesel when this happens. I use the hand pump to fill the filter, bleed the injectors and away she goes again. If I stop the dozer before she conks out and fill the filter with the hand pump I don't have to bleed the injectors. A mechanic friend of mine said it was the tank full of crud. He also said the fuel filter was "negative pressure" so will fill again overnight. Do you think this is correct. I have changed the filter many times and makes no difference. I have cut the filter open and it looks clean to me. The dozer serial number is 65V3998 and has 12194 hours on it. look forward to your advice.

Replies2
  1. #1chidog2024-09-02 18:48

    Is the tank screen clean? Transfer pump? Blow some air, not crazy high psi back into the tank with cap off, to quick clean the screen.

  2. #2Queenslander2024-09-02 20:59

    Yep, I would start at the tank and work forward. Pull the tap at the bottom of the tank immediately after it conks out and check for flow.