I've got a 68 D7E old military dozer that I always thought would be nice to run one with a cab. A d7H is coming up for sale and would like to know the good and bad points of it. Its a differential steer and doesn't appear to be all beat up. I think my hearing will appreciate it for sure.
I operate a D7H II like this, it seems to be a very good machine. It seems a little under powered but it will still spin the tracks in a hard push, its just a little slow.
I agree with under powered, but still has a lot more pushing a ripping power than the d6h, but not as well balanced as the d6h. The diff steer will be such a great upgrade that you will wish you upgraded sooner
Yeah, if you're not used to wearing earplugs, you will be. You cannot run a 7H without them, at least one without a cab anyway.
I looked at it today, the undercarriage is shot, pads had bar stock welded on. Didn't roll over, had to jump start, did take off quickly when jumped. It would spin the tracks on a down hill push in second gear. I think it was a hydraulic light came on when backing up in second gear after 10mminutes of pushing. It had a third lever in the cab ahead of the blade joystick and the winch lever was behind it, what is the front lever for? It didn't appear to be hooked up.
Winches sometimes have 2 levers. One controls the winch for winching operations, the other operates a freewheel clutch IIRC. I have one but hardly use it. Trying to remember it exactly. Ken