I am selling a d7h the sticker on the side says series II not sure if it is. SERIAL# 4ab0084X what year is it? I looked in my partsstore account and it didn't list it as a series II and I don't know if the info is in there to identifiy year? usually I can compare s#'s on machinerytrader.com or ritchiewiki but this time Its not working........thanks for the help ahead of time......TIO
Build date of 4ab00845 is February 3 1987 so i'm sure yours is right around that
Series II machines started with 4AB04000-Up so yours is a Series I. I make date of manufacture somewhere around the late-1986, early 1987 time frame. Sorry can't be more accurate than that.
The cutting edges could use some replacing before you chew into the blade cavity. It is a nice looking machine though.
Multiracer, how do like it now?.................TIO
Lol.... can you come and change some of my edge's that fast? :notworthy
Mucho Grande..... it also looks like you could have flipped some of them !
multiracer, 3 out of 4 were broke through the bolt holes! I assume they were some low grade aftermarket edges, they definitely weren't caterpillar no marks at all on them, the new cat ones I installed had "cat" cast into the back of them even "made in usa" couldn't have been prouder when installing them, especially since it was 9-11!..........TIO
Heavy buggers aren't they ? I did mine on the D-6H with a SU blade by myself...... my back still aches !
I didn't pull out the crane but almost! The worst if have ever done are 14G bits. My dads company had two of these machines both had 16 foot moldboards, I always bought the 1" thick bits so they would last but those things must have been about 250 lbs for each 8 footer and you have to man handle them when in the field I tried every position and every rigging I could think of and just always decided man handling them was the safest and most productive. They always wanted it done after shift and usually only one mechanic was available! nowadays I would tell them to go fly a kite!.......TIO